Featured student: Julie Bradley

julie_bradleyWhat is your name:

Julie Bradley

Where are you from originally?:

I was born in Clearwater Florida, but I was raised in Jacksonville for as long as I can remember. I have had interest in the arts since I was a child and my strongest skill is traditional drawing. I am now pursuing this degree to advance my skills in digital media.

Why are you pursuing a degree in Digital Media:

I was in an art history class here at FSCJ, while pursuing my A.A. I was lost and wasn’t sure where to push myself without feeling unsure. My professor liked my work when she saw me drawing in class, so she brought up the idea of the Digital Media Bachelor’s program since it was new at the time and she gave me more information after sparking my interest.

Who inspires you the most and why?

I can’t put my thoughts into just one person, but the people who inspire me are the ones who put countless hours into their own creations. I find inspiration in the people who can work outside of daily jobs and make projects they love come to life. The drive to develop and create their ideas makes me feel like I can do whatever I really want if I just fuel my drive to do so.

What do you do off campus?

Outside of campus I work part time to pay off bills and I work on drawings in my spare time to develop my portfolio work.

What work are you most proud of?

I don’t want to pick any one piece I’ve made, but I find a lot of pride and happiness in how far my skills have come in such a short time. My favorite works are the ones I’ve made in my 3D Animation class, as I enjoyed getting lost in the virtual world of my imagination.

What are some interesting facts about you:

• I can spark a conversation with most anybody
  • I have interest in multicultural trends
  • I have a wide range of musical interests

What is your favorite Book / Movie / Series / Video Game / Comic?

• Book series: “Blue is for Nightmares” by Laurie Stolarz
  • Hiyao Miyazaki films/”chick flicks”
  • Games: Kingdom Hearts series, Tomb Raider, Pokemon, Animal Crossing
  • Online games: Dragon Nest, Trickster Online

What are your future goals and aspirations?

My future goal is to work for a 2D or 3D animation studio so I can work in the animation, character design, story scripting, or environment making departments. I have a strong interest in all of those areas and so far I have not made up my mind. I plan to use that future stability to maintain my family and to support a comfortable and creative way of life.

One thing you wish you could share with others…

I wish I could share my inspiration to make more out of life with the people who want more but can’t find the will to change their status. Some people need a push and I would love to help people obtain an inspiration to get what they want.

You can find samples of Julie’s work on her portfolio:

http://veenaviera.com/portfolio/

Thanks for reading this newest addition to our blog! We hope to us this to feature some of the great students our program is fostering. These posts will highlight some of what they are doing and what goals they have. The featured student will be picked by their classmates and one of our talented students is responsible for contacting and collecting these stories.

Have a suggestion for a student you’d like to see featured? Please contact Professor Liz Murphy Thomas at Liz.Thomas@fscj.edu