Featured student: Lindsay Dale

lindsay_dale

What is your name?

Lindsay Lange Dale (Gregory)

Where are you from originally? What’s your Origin Story?

I was born and raised in Jacksonville. I have lived here most of my life… with the exception of the few years I’ve lived in North Carolina. It was a great experience exploring a new area, but I love it here… This will always be my home.

Why are you pursuing a degree in Digital Media?

I am pursing a degree in Digital Media because I consider myself a creative person. From a very young age, I aspired to be an Artist when I “grew up”. Having a strong traditional art background, along with a passion for technology and computers lead me to this degree…

I consider it a practical way to be an artist, without being a “starving Artist”.

Who inspires you the most and why?

My mother is the person who inspires me the most. Her sense of artistry was passed down to me, and as a child, all she did was teach and push me to pursue my inner creativity.

What do you do off campus?

Off campus I wear many hats. I work part time as a waitress at the Jacksonville Millhouse, and I also do part time freelance Graphic and Web Design for them. I have the coolest dog ever, Bradley. And I love spending time with my extremely supportive husband, Justin.

What work are you most proud of?

I can’t pinpoint a particular piece, I am proud of all of my work!
I truly put my heart into every piece of art I create, whether it is digital or traditional. I love taking a break from digital design from time to time, in order to paint and draw. But, if I had to pick some of my favorites, I would say that my Photography and Portrait work, Wedding Invitation Design, and anything I have ever painted.

Interesting facts about you:

Hmmmmm. Tough one… for those who know me, they know I LOVE to laugh. (And to make people laugh.) I am also a very positive and joyous person.

Favorite Book / Movie / Series / Video Game / Comic?

Book: The Outliers.  Movie: Wall E.  Series: Six Feet Under.  Video game: Super Mario World (SNES)

What are your future goals and aspirations?

I don’t have a particular path or job title in mind. I know that ultimately, I want to walk into work every day doing something I enjoy: CREATING! I want to draw and paint and design. I love it and live for it.

One thing you wish you could share with others is…

I want to share my strong beliefs for Education. Going back to school wasn’t just so I could land a job, it was about being educated. An education is something you should value, and it is also something that NO ONE can take away from you. I have an overwhelming sense of accomplishment, for being able to grow to be what I aspired to be as a young child.

You can find examples of Lindsay’s work at her school and professional websites:

Our featured students are student-selected. Once a student has been featured, they nominate the next student to be profiled. Come back next month to see who’s been picked!
Have any questions? Please contact Professor Liz Murphy Thomas at Liz.Thomas@fscj.edu