For the upcoming calendar year, the library will be discontinuing a few of our database subscriptions. These include the following products, which will cease availability 12/31/20:
• EBSCO – Auto Repair Source
• EBSCO – International Security and Counter-Terrorism Reference Center
• Ovid – Visible Body
• Proquest – SIRS KnowledgeSource
The decision to discontinue Visible Body was difficult, but Ovid increased the cost by over 400%. We have reached out to other vendors who offer similar products in content and quality and we have decided to purchase Primal Pictures instead.
Our subscription to Primal Pictures, which begins 1/1/2021, includes the Anatomy and Physiology, Functional Anatomy, and Dental Hygiene modules. You can find information about this database on their website, or review some of the tutorials below.
• Primal Pictures 3D Atlas of Human Anatomy Quick Start Guide (covers 3D Atlas and Dental Hygiene)
• Primal Pictures 3D Human Functional Anatomy Quick Start Guide
• Primal Pictures 3D Human Anatomy & Physiology Quick Start Guide
For those still needing access, Visible Body has a course-based option available to professors through the bookstore for $49.99 per student. This allows students to access an unlimited number of courses during their two-year subscription and also download and keep the mobile versions of the program to continue to use in their curriculum.